3-Day Trout School
A comprehensive 3-Day Trout School offers students a custom package experience for all ability levels. Students will enjoy personalized attention from our award-winning team of instructors on the best trout streams of Jackson Hole. Our curriculum includes a progressive instructional outline that covers a multitude of fishing opportunities throughout the school. The JHFFS Schoolhouse on the Snake is the perfect classroom setting and students will enjoy an intimate experience with Teton Views.
Students will cover the following topics over 3 days of fly fishing and enjoy a good combination of classroom time and fishing time. Guests will be in a 2-1 student to guide ratio when fishing and a 4-1 classroom ratio.
- Matching-the-hatch and fly selection
- Fly casting instruction from roll casting to double hauling
- Video Analysis
- Essential knot tying, line, leader, rigging
- Stream tactics, fishing casts, fishing technique
- Stream dynamics and trout behavior
- Walk wade fly fishing with professional guidance
- Drift boat fly fishing with professional guidance
$1,495 per guest
- The latest in fly fishing equipment including the latest Orvis fly rods, Hatch fly reels, waders and wading boots.
- Professional guide/guides
- Daily transportation to and from your hotel
- Private water access to the Snake River
- Streamside lunches and water
- Flies for and sling pack to hold all fishing accessories
- 20% discount to Orvis
What’s Not Included:
- Breakfast and dinner. (A great time to explore Jackson Hole.)
- Wyoming fishing license.
- Gratuity for your guide(s).
What to Bring:
- Rain jacket
- Extra layers
- Re-usable water bottle (JHFFS is committed to reducing plastic bottles.)
- Small backpack
Lodging in Jackson:
There are several lodging options available. Please call us at 307-699-3440 if you need help with lodging. Some of our favorites include Inn on the Creek and the Alpine House, both of which are intimate bed and breakfasts located in downtown Jackson Hole.